Home

TTR News Center

Hurricane Dorian's path: The forecast for Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas

No Comments

ABC News(NEW YORK) — Hurricane Dorian is churning dangerously close to the Southeast coastline Wednesday, where residents from Florida to the Carolinas are bracing for powerful rains, wind and flooding.

Dorian, now a Category 2, is moving north by the Florida and Georgia coast, and might make landfall in North Carolina.

Here’s what to expect and when, according to the latest forecast:

Florida

Dorian slammed Florida with strong winds Wednesday, bringing a gust of 69 mph to New Smyrna Beach.

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

 

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The heavy rains brought flooding to the Jacksonville area.

A storm surge up to 5 feet is possible.

Flash flooding, storm surge and strong winds are all possible as Dorian moves along — but still offshore from — Florida’s east coast through Wednesday afternoon.

Georgia

Dorian moved north Wednesday afternoon, bringing heavy rain to Savannah, Georgia, and its surrounding beaches.

Life-threatening storm surge flooding up to 5 feet is possible.

South Carolina & North Carolina

A hurricane warning is in effect is in effect for the entire North Carolina and South Carolina coastline, which will see the brunt of the storm Wednesday night through Thursday and into Friday morning.

Thursday morning, Dorian will reach Charleston — a city very vulnerable to storm surge and flooding.

Myrtle Beach to Wilmington will get hit during the day on Thursday and North Carolina’s Outer Banks will feel the brunt of the storm late Thursday into Friday morning.

Dorian might make landfall in either coastal South Carolina or North Carolina between Thursday night and Friday morning.

Regardless of landfall, Dorian will be close enough to the Carolina coasts to bring near-hurricane-force winds, storm surge and flooding — the biggest threat will likely be coastal flooding from Charleston to the Outer Banks.

The highest storm surge is expected for the South Carolina coast, where up to 8 feet is possible.

The heaviest rainfall from Dorian is expected to hit the coastal Carolinas, where up to 15 inches of rain is possible.

Virginia is even forecast to see some effects from Dorian. A tropical storm watch is in effect for southern Virginia, including Norfolk.

By Friday night, Dorian will leave the U.S. and go out to sea.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Body of toddler who ride-share driver said was sold for $10,000 found in Pennsylvania park: Authorities

No Comments

(Credit: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) Nalani Johnson in an undated photo. (BLAIRSVILLE, Pa.) — The toddler who went missing after a ride-share driver claimed her family sold her for $10,000 has been found dead in a Pennsylvania nature park, authorities said.

The Allegheny County Police Department and Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty announced Tuesday night that the body of 1-year-old Nalani Johnson, who went missing on Saturday, had been found.

On Wednesday, Dougherty announced during a brief news conference that Nalani’s body was found in Pine Ridge Park in Blairsville, Pennsylvania, some 40 miles east of where the girl had last been seen, according to ABC Pittsburgh affiliate WTAE.

“This is not the outcome that any of us would have wished,” Allegheny County Police Superintendent Coleman McDonough said in a statement. “We will continue to keep the Johnson family in our thoughts.”

An Amber Alert was issued Saturday after 25-year-old ride-share driver Sharena Nancy drove off with Nalani still in her car seat, the girl’s father, 21-year-old Paul Johnson, told police.

Johnson and Nancy had been involved in a romantic relationship that began online months ago, McDonough told reporters at a news conference Tuesday. An argument that sparked between Nancy and Johnson’s friend, Justin Rouse, Saturday afternoon culminated in Johnson and Rouse exiting Nancy’s Toyota Yaris at an intersection in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, and Nancy driving off before Johnson could unbuckle his daughter, authorities said.

When Nancy was pulled over two hours later, neither Nalani nor the car seat were in the vehicle, according to authorities.

Nancy initially told investigators during an interview that Johnson “sold” his daughter to an unnamed individual for $10,000 and gave her instructions to drop the child off to a woman who would “flag” her down along U.S. Route 22, according to a criminal complaint filed by the police department on Saturday.

Nancy claimed she encountered two woman next to a silver SUV with out-of-state license plates and turned the girl over to them, according to the complaint. Detectives have not found any evidence to corroborate Nancy’s account, McDonough said.

Nancy was charged with kidnapping of a minor, interference with custody of children and concealment of the whereabouts of a child, according to the criminal complaint. It’s unclear whether she has retained an attorney or entered a plea.

Although Nancy’s vehicle had Uber and Lyft stickers on it, she was not acting in the capacity of a ride-share driver at the time of Nalani’s disappearance, McDonough said. Spokespeople for Uber and Lyft confirmed to ABC News that Nancy did not take any rides that day. In addition, Nancy’s account with Lyft has been deactivated, the company’s spokesman said.

Nalani would have turned 2 this month, WTAE reported. The circumstances surrounding her death remain unclear, but an autopsy is scheduled to be completed on Wednesday, Dougherty said.

Investigators are requesting business owners and residents along the Route 22 corridor check for surveillance footage that may be relevant to the investigation. Detectives are also looking for anyone who knows Nancy or may have information on Nalani’s disappearance or death to contact them.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

"Get That Man a…" shirt? Riley Green may have out-pranked Brad Paisley

No Comments

BMLGIt wouldn’t be a Brad Paisley tour without some unforgettable pranks, and this year, opener Riley Green may have even one-upped the headliner, who’s well-known for his hi-jinks.

“Did y’all know Brad Paisley likes pulling pranks on his openers??” Riley asked on his socials, while sharing a series of photos from last weekend’s show at Wantagh, New York, commonly known as Jones Beach.

In the pictures, the former college quarterback shows off his shirtless physique, wearing only jeans, boots, and an oversize costume head that looks just like the cartoon version of Brad.

On the screen behind the real Brad and the imposter is a mock newspaper front page with a picture of Brad and the headline, “Has he gone to sex rehab again?” The snapshots also show the shirtless Riley flexing and high-fiving fans in the audience.

“Well, I guess we are even now,” Riley added in his caption. 

“Jones Beach is one of the coolest venues we’re lucky enough play,” Brad 

View this post on Instagram

</a> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/p/B19-rh-BYzE/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Did y%E2%80%99all know @bradpaisley likes pulling pranks on his openers?? Well I guess we are even now. Had a blast on the @bradpaisley world tour.. thanks for having us. #classact #bradsjacked #countrymusic #imstillaguy #sports #whosthebradguynow</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/rileyduckman/?utm_source=ig_embed&amp;utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Riley Green</a> (@rileyduckman) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2019-09-04T00:01:31+00:00">Sep 3, 2019 at 5:01pm PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async src=” target=”_blank”>responded on Twitter. “You New Yorkers are wild! Oh, and my guitar student Riley Green is starting to look just like me.”

Brad’s World Tour continues next month as he heads to Europe, while Riley kicks off his Get That Man a Beer trek on Thursday night.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Robert Downey Jr. says it was time for he and and fellow MCU star Chris Evans to "retire their jerseys"

No Comments

Marvel Studios(LOS ANGELES) — As you’ve seen in Avengers: Endgame, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans are officially through with the Marvel Cinematic Universe — thanks to Tony Stark’s heroic sacrifice, and Steve Rogers’ time-traveling reunion with his love Peggy Carter.

“We had to get off. We opted to, and knew it was part of the job to get off the bus while it rolled on to other destinations,” Downey tells Disney’s D23 magazine.

The actor added of his and Evans’ final bows, “There’s something very sobering about it. I’m glad he and I will be there to welcome others as they retire their jerseys.”

Downey, who launched the MCU with 2008’s Iron Man, is humble about the legacy he leaves behind.

“Mark Ruffalo is an activist, Chris Evans is a diehard American and proponent of true democracy,” he says. “I don’t really have the gumption, the skill set, the drive, or the humility either of those guys do.”

Looking back at his time in the MCU, Downey says, “I love that I was able to witness Chris Hemsworth transition into arguably the best third act of a superhero franchise ever with Thor: Ragnarok; that I was able to get to know Tom Holland and see him grow so gracefully into this leadership position he’s in.”

He adds that he’s also glad that “[Iron Man] director Jon Favreau has outlasted me on the call sheets for the MCU; and that I’m going to fly to Boston to see Chris Evans — just ’cause I kind of need to see him.”

Downey, along with his Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director Favreau — who appears in the MCU as Happy Hogan — were among 2019’s Disney Legends inductees.

Disney is the parent company of Marvel and ABC News.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Will Smith talks Martin Lawrence out of retirement in 'Bad Boys for Life'

No Comments

Photo Credit: Ben Rothstein. Kyle Kaplan. © 2019 CTMG, Inc. All Rights Reserved.(LOS ANGELES) — Will Smith convinces his partner Martin Lawrence not retire in the Bad Boys for Life trailer, which dropped Wednesday.

Smith as detective Mike Lowery, and Lawrence as detective Marcus Burnett, return for a third ride in the franchise following Bad Boys in 1995, and Bad Boys II in 2003.

In the clip, Lowery tells Burnett, “On these streets I never trusted anybody but you. I’m asking you man. Bad Boys…One last time.”

This time they’re fighting for their lives as an Albanian mercenary, whose brother they killed, vows revenge.

Martin posted the trailer on Instagram, adding, “Y’all ready to ride wit us!? Ride together. Die together. #BadBoysForLife”

The film will debut January 17, 2020. Will used Martin’s catchphrase from the franchise as he commented, “WOOOOSAAAHH, Y’all! Calm Down… January is right around the corner. @badboys”

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: