Home

TTR News Center

Report: Sony and Marvel end partnership on future 'Spider-Man' movies

No Comments

Zendaya and Tom Holland; JoJo Whilden/Sony Pictures Entertainment(LOS ANGELES) — After Spider-Man: Far from Home became Sony’s highest-grossing release of all time, the studio has decided to end its partnership with co-producer Marvel Studios, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Apparently, Sony and Disney, which owns Marvel, couldn’t hammer out an agreement to extend the landmark deal the studios cut in 2015, which brought Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That leaves a big hole in the MCU, which now potentially must do without Tom Holland’s Spider-Man.  It also hurts Sony, which benefited from the inclusion of MCU characters like Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man and Samuel L. Jackon’s Nick Fury.

It also eliminates Marvel president Kevin Feige, the lead producer on 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far from Home, from shepherding future Spider-Man films.

In a statement to THR, Sony says, “We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have [Feige] continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film…Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.”

There is hope though, as sources tell Entertainment Weekly that negotiations are still ongoing, so the character’s fate isn’t sealed yet.

Sony announced Monday that Far from Home had surpassed Skyfall to become the studio’s most successful release, delivering $1.109 billion globally. The film will be re-released over the Labor Day weekend with four  minutes of additional footage.

Disney is also the parent company of ABC News.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Larry King and wife Shawn are divorcing after 22 years of marriage

No Comments

Greg Doherty/FilmMagic(NEW YORK) — Well, maybe the eighth time will be the charm.  Larry King and his seventh wife, Shawn Southwick, are ending their 22-year marriage. 

The 85-year-old talk show host was the one to file for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences at Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, his lawyer confirmed to People.

A source told the magazine that King and Southwick’s divorce was “a long time coming” and that their marriage had been fracturing for almost a decade.  Rumors of infidelity plagued their relationship, such as Shawn’s alleged year-long affair that was reported back in 2016.  The two were said to have fought constantly and slept in separate bedrooms.  

The couple tied the knot September 5, 1997.

Apparently King’s recent heart scare opened his eyes.  “Larry was close to dying and it really shook him,” the source told People.   “He realized that he hadn’t been happy for a long time.”

King is allegedly seeking the divorce to protect his kids and is “tired of all the drama.”

King shares two sons with 59-year-old Southwick: Chance, 20, and Cannon, 19.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. 

Frances McDormand's Oscar theft case dropped by LA district attorney

No Comments

Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell at the 91st annual Academy Awards; ABC/Craig Sjodin(LOS ANGELES) — The criminal case against the man accused of stealing actress Frances McDormand’s Oscar from a table at the Governors Ball after the 2018 Academy Awards has been dismissed, according to Deadline.

“The District Attorney’s Office today told the court that we are unable to proceed at this time,” a spokesperson for D.A. Jackie Lacey said Tuesday. “The defense made a motion to dismiss the case, and Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Sam Ohta dismissed it,” the D.A’s office added. “We don’t have further comment.”

The suspect, Terry Bryant, 48, had been facing a felony grand theft charge. He was out on $20,000 bail after being arrested on March 6, 2018 and faced a maximum of three years in county jail if convicted.

Despite witnesses testifying to the theft — which was caught on camera — and Bryant shooting a video of himself holding the Oscar at the Motion Picture Academy-sponsored after-party and posting it online, he has maintained his innocence, insisting he meant it all as a joke.

McDormand and her Oscar “were happily reunited after a brief separation,” the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences wrote in a statement obtained by ABC at the time.

McDormand won the Best Actress Oscar, her second, for her role in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  She’d previously won for her role as pregnant police chief Marge Gunderson in the 1996 dark comedy, Fargo.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. 

'Bachelorette' Hannah Brown, Sean Spicer among 'Dancing with the Stars' season 28 castmembers

No Comments

ABC(NEW YORK) — Bachelorette star Hannah Brown, supermodel Christie Brinkley and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer are among the eclectic group of celebrities who’ll be battling it out on the dance floor for the highly-anticipated upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars.

Other celebs hitting the dance floor this season include Queer Eye star Karamo Brown, former basketball star and Khloe Kardashian’s ex Lamar Odom, Dawson’s Creek star James Van Der Beek, former Fifth Harmony member Ally Brooke, legendary Supremes member Mary Wilson, country singer Lauren Alaina, The Office’s Kate Flannery and Kenan & Kel’s Kel Mitchell.

The cast was announced on Good Morning America Wednesday; the pro partner pairings won’t be revealed until the first episode, however.

Here’s the full list of the stars for season 28 of Dancing with the Stars:

Christie Brinkley, model
Hannah Brown, The Bachelorette star
Kel Mitchell, Kenan & Kel actor
Ray Lewis, former pro-football player
Lamar Odom, former Lakers player and Khloe Kardashian’s ex
Kate Flannery, The Office actress
Lauren Alaina, country singer
Sean Spicer, former White House press secretary
Ally Brooke, singer and former Fifth Harmony member
Karamo Brown, Queer Eye star
James Van Der Beek, Dawson’s Creek star
Mary Wilson, ex-member of The Supremes

The new season of DWTS will premiere on Monday, September 16, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Dark comedy thriller 'Ready or Not' opens today

No Comments

Eric Zachanowich/Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp.(NEW YORK) — Opening nationwide Wednesday:

* Ready or Not — This dark comedy thriller stars Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri‘s Samara Weaving as a new bride whose wedding night takes a sinister turn when her eccentric in-laws force her to take part in a terrifying ritual.

Mark O’Brien, Adam Brody, Henry Czerny and Andie MacDowell co-star. Rated R.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: