Home

TTR News Center

Granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy, found dead at Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port, sources say

No Comments

deebrowning/iStock(BARNSTABLE, Mass.) — Saoirse Kennedy Hill, the granddaughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy, was found dead on Thursday afternoon at the Kennedy Compound, according to a law enforcement source and people close to the family.

The Kennedy family confirmed the death in a statement.

“Our hearts are shattered by the loss of our beloved Saoirse. Her life was filled with hope, promise and love. She cared deeply about friends and family, especially her mother Courtney, her father Paul, her stepmother Stephanie, and her grandmother Ethel, who said, ‘The world is a little less beautiful today,'” the Kennedy family said in the statement.

“She lit up our lives with her love, her peals of laughter and her generous spirit. Saoirse was passionately moved by the causes of human rights and women’s empowerment and found great joy in volunteer work, working alongside indigenous communities to build schools in Mexico. We will love her and miss her forever,” the statement continued.

Hill, 22, was the daughter of Courtney Kennedy Hill, the fifth of 11 children of Robert and Ethel Kennedy.

Details around the death are unknown at this time.

Barnstable police were called to the Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, on Thursday afternoon for a report of an “unattended death,” the Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said in a statement.

“The matter remains under investigation by Barnstable Police and State Police detectives assigned to the District Attorney’s Office,” the DA’s statement read.

The compound consists of 6-acres of land along the Nantucket Sound and has been in the family for decades, according to the National Park Service. Both Robert F. Kennedy and John F. Kennedy had homes there.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Tim McGraw and Luke Combs are "real good men" in CMA Fest duet

No Comments

ABC/Randy Holmes2019’s CMA Fest earlier this summer was filled with many surprise guests and collaborations, including one by Tim McGraw and Luke Combs

Ahead of the CMA Fest special premiering on ABC on Sunday night, the Country Music Association has shared a clip of Tim and Luke singing a duet version of one of Tim’s smash hits, “Real Good Man.” 

Luke is a natural on the rocking country track, holding his own with his rugged voice alongside Tim before the two unite on the famous line, “I may be a real bad boy/But baby I’m a real good man.”

You can watch the clip right now on Billboard.com, and see the full performance on Sunday night. 

CMA Fest will feature sets by country’s biggest acts, who performed at Nissan Stadium during the annual Nashville festival. Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus joined forces with Keith Urban for “Old Town Road,” while Carrie Underwood performed a medley of hits with Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Joan Jett.

These collaborations and more will be a part of the special when it airs on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. 

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Tyler Perry confirms second BET series

No Comments

ABC/Ida Mae Astute(LOS ANGELES) — BET has given the green light to another Tyler Perry show. According to Hollywood Reporter, it’s a new dramatic comedy titled Sistas.

The series follows a diverse set of black woman who bond over the fact they’re all single. According to the report, the women will bond over “their complicated love lives, careers and friendships” while dealing with the world of “social media and unrealistic relationship goals.”

KJ Smith, Ebony Obsidian, Mignon Von and Novi Brown have all been cast in the hour-long series, which will air on BET as part of Perry’s overall deal with the network’s owner, Viacom. Under the deal, Perry will produce two dramas, two comedies and a live, holiday-themed production.

Sistas, which is currently in production in Atlanta, is slated to premiere sometime in the fall.  Perry is also producing a White House-themed soap called The Oval for BET.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Garth Brooks helping to fight childhood hunger with MLB's Home Plate Project

No Comments

ABC RadioGarth Brooks is aligning with Major League Baseball for an important mission. 

Garth is one of the many celebrities involved in the MLB’s new food-driven initiative, Home Plate Project, which aims to prevent childhood hunger and food insecurity across the U.S. and Canada.

The initiative pairs Garth’s Teammates For Kids Foundation — which links the country star with athletes to raise money for children’s charities — and Big League Impact, founded in 2013 by St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright.  It will help to help all 30 MLB teams raise money for food-related charities. 

Each team will be represented by one or two players who will partner with local and national organizations to help provide food and non-perishable items to children in need. The goal of the initiative is to impact at least 25,000 children by delivering more than 3.6 million meals. 

“Teammates for Kids started with 67 baseball players 20 years ago, and as we look forward, we are excited to launch this project with ballplayers from every MLB team to help fight childhood hunger,” Garth says in a statement.

“The Home Plate Project is special for Teammates for Kids because it incorporates our founding principles of teaming up with athletes who have a passion for helping kids.,” he continues, adding, “The beauty of it all, 100 percent of the money that is getting donated to this effort will feed children in local communities.”

Home Plate Project launches in August. 

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

American charged with joining ISIS after capture in Syria

No Comments

wingedwolf/iStock(DALLAS) — An American citizen captured in Syria has been charged by federal prosecutors in Dallas, Texas, for allegedly joining the terrorist group ISIS.

A criminal complaint unsealed in Texas’ Northern District Court Thursday alleged that Omer Kuzu, a 23-year-old U.S. citizen, traveled to Istanbul, Turkey, with his brother in October 2014 and from there were both smuggled into Syria by ISIS.

Kuzu told agents that he also traveled to Mosul, Iraq, and received weapons and fighting training from ISIS instructors, but then crossed back into Syria where he was provided an AK-47 and was enlisted by the group to help repair communications equipment.

In early 2019, Kuzu said he was captured by the Syrian Democratic Forces and was recently transferred into FBI custody before being transported back into the U.S. He has already made his first appearance before a federal judge in Dallas.

In a State Department briefing Thursday, Nathan Sales, the State Department’s Ambassador at Large for counter terrorism said Americans recently repatriated to the U.S. who face charges for joining ISIS can expect to face “severe penalties.”

“To date, we have brought back five adults – four males and one female who’ve been charged with a variety of terrorism related crimes – one convicted, others [have] charges pending,” Sales said.

Just last month, Ruslan Maratovich Asainov, a naturalized U.S. citizen born in Kazakhstan, was charged with joining ISIS as a sniper and helping to train fighters in the group, according to a criminal complaint unsealed in Brooklyn federal court.

Despite the Trump Administration’s efforts to eliminate the ISIS caliphate in the Middle East, law enforcement officials stress that the ideology promoted by ISIS continues to pose a threat both overseas and inside the homeland.

In March, a 20-year-old Georgia woman was charged with helping ISIS by posting a “kill list” online that included the names of State Department employees and American soldiers, according to federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York.

According to the indictment unsealed last week, Kim Anh Vo joined the United Cyber Caliphate in 2016 — a group that authorities said pledged allegiance to ISIS and was committed to carrying out online attacks and cyber intrusions against Americans. Vo was also accused of working with the UCC to recruit a minor in Norway and others to “create online content in support of ISIS,” a DOJ release said.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: