Home

TTR News Center

'Little' mogul - 'black-ish' star Marsai Martin signs first-look deal with Universal

No Comments

By Stephen Iervolino

ABC/Eric McCandless(LOS ANGELES) — Marsai Martin is making history at the tender age of 14.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the black-ish star has inked a first-look production deal with Universal Pictures under her company, Genius Productions. As part of the new agreement, Martin will help to develop new scripted projects for the studio.

When the ink dried, Martin became not only the youngest person to get a first-look deal at Universal, but the youngest person to get a deal at any studio in recent memory. The new arrangement comes ahead of the release of her new Universal film Little, in which Martin co-created, stars in, and executive produced.

“I am so excited for the magic I’ll be able to create and produce with Universal,” said Martin in a statement. “My goal is to show young women and girls that our voices and ideas matter and you are never too young to dream BIG!”

The first film in development under Martin’s new pact is the forthcoming comedy StepMonster. It follows a teenage girl, played by Martin, who is “adjusting to life with a new stepmother.”

Little, starring Regina Hall and Issa Rae, hits theaters April 12, 2019.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Entertainment News

      

Listen now: Luke Combs sparks a Brooks & Dunn "REBOOT"

No Comments

By Music News Group

Arista NashvilleAll week, Brooks & Dunn have been teasing a #Reboot on their socials, and now the mystery is solved: the legendary country duo has secretly been back in the studio for the first time since 2007 to record new versions of their biggest hits with some of the hottest names in country music.

You can stream or download the first two tracks now: “Believe” with Kane Brown and “Brand New Man” featuring Luke Combs.

In fact, it was Luke’s admiration for B&D that sparked the idea for the project, after a chance meeting with the duo’s manager.

“Brooks & Dunn’s music absolutely had a tremendous impact on me,” Luke says. “To me, they invented that foot stomping, driving sound.”

“And it’s so cool that this has turned into such an awesome album,” he adds, “with artists that actually grew up listening to Brooks & Dunn. Their music was so influential to us that having the chance to come in and bounce ideas off the guys and sing with them in the studio was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

Thomas Rhett, Brett Young, LANCO, Ashley McBryde, Brothers Osborne, Midland, Cody Johnson, Jon Pardi, Kacey Musgraves and more will all be part of the 12-track album.

Brooks & Dunn’s REBOOT is set to arrive April 5.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Country Music News

      

Listen now: Chris Janson drops some "Good Vibes" on you with his new song

No Comments

By Music News Group

Warner NashvilleChris Janson‘s sending you some “Good Vibes” with his new single.

The lead release from his forthcoming third album is available to stream or download now, and in fact, Chris says he hopes “Good Vibes” becomes more than just a hit — he wants it to become a movement.

“When we wake up in the morning, we have the choice to be in a good mood or a bad mood,” the “Fix a Drink” hitmaker says. “I believe we can change the world with a smile, a good attitude and a timeless message about being kind to everyone. That’s what ‘Good Vibes’ is all about!”

Last month, the lucky fans at Luke Bryan‘s Crash My Playa getaway vacation got a live preview of the song in the Caribbean. You can see that performance for yourself this weekend on CMT’s Hot 20. It premieres Saturday at 9 a.m. ET and re-airs Sunday at the same time.

You can also check out the new lyric video for “Good Vibes” on YouTube now.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Country Music News

      

Police: Chicago baby, California boy both shot in head while in cars in separate cases

No Comments

By JTP

sshepard/iStock(CHICAGO) — (CHICAGO) — A 1-year-old boy was shot in the head and critically injured in Chicago Thursday night, according to police.

In California, a 10-year-old boy was also shot in the head and hospitalized, authorities there said.

The baby in Chicago was rushed to the hospital, where he was listed in critical condition, said Sally Bown, a spokeswoman with the the city’s police department.

The boy, who was not named, was in a parked car with four other people when, at about 5:30 p.m., a car described by police as a dark, older model sedan pulled up next to them, Bown said.

Someone either on foot or from inside that vehicle opened fire at the car, striking the baby, Bown said.
No arrests have been made, she added.

Shootings and murders are down this year in Chicago compared to the same time period last year, according to the Chicago Police Department.

So far this year, the city has seen 134 shootings and 28 slayings, department data show.

At this time in 2018, there were 189 shootings and 53 murders, police said.

The same night, the boy in California was also shot in the head as he sat in a car, California Highway Patrol officials said.

The young victim was in a car on a freeway in the San Bernardino area when he was struck at about 9 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.

The boy, whose name wasn’t released, was hospitalized with serious injuries, according to the highway patrol.

Anyone with information is urged to call the highway patrol at (909) 383-4247.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved

…read more

Source:: National News

      

Kellyanne Conway says a woman assaulted her at restaurant for her political views

No Comments

By Leighton Schneider

Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call(WASHINGTON) — White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said in an interview that aired Friday on CNN that a woman assaulted her while she was at a Maryland restaurant celebrating her middle school-aged daughter’s birthday.

The incident happened last October at an Uncle Julio’s Mexican restaurant in Bethesda, Maryland. The woman, identified by police as 63-year-old Mary Elizabeth Inabinett, is scheduled to appear in court in late March, according to a police report obtained by ABC News. She was charged with assault in the second degree and disorderly conduct in late November.

Conway described being grabbed by the shoulders and shaken. She said she turned around, expecting to see a friend but instead said she found the woman “screaming and making aggressive hand gestures toward her” that Conway said she thought were related to her political views, the police report said.

At one point, Inabinett allegedly shouted “shame on you,” according to the report.

“Conway stated that the shaking lasted a few seconds but the suspect continued to yell and gesture at her for approximately 8-10 minutes before she was escorted from the restaurant,” according to the police report.

In a statement, Inabinett’s lawyer, William Alden McDaniel Jr., denied his client assaulted Conway.

“Ms. Inabinett saw Kellyanne Conway, a public figure, in a public place, and exercised her First Amendment right to express her personal opinions. She did not assault Ms. Conway. The facts at trial will show this to be true, and show Ms. Conway’s account to be false,” McDaniel said in the statement.

In the account from Conway on CNN Friday, she portrayed the Inabinett as “out of control.” “Her whole face was terror and anger,” Conway said.

“My daughter was right there, and she ought to pay for that,” Conway said. “She ought to pay for that because she has no right to touch anybody.”

Conway said she waited months to tell the story because she didn’t “want it to become a thing” but hoped it can now become a “teachable moment.” She told the president, she said, and he reacted with concern for her and her daughter.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved

…read more

Source:: National News

      

%d bloggers like this: