Home

TTR News Center

Lucky for Morgan Wallen, Luke Bryan loves him some "Up Down"

No Comments

By Music News Group

ABC Radio Newcomer Morgan Wallen is enjoying his first top-30 country hit with “Up Down,” a collaboration with his pals, Florida Georgia Line.

But it turns out there’s no bigger fan of the song than his 2018 tour mate, Luke Bryan.

“I’ve got a funny story,” Luke explained at the news conference announcing his stadium trek this week. “I called Tyler Hubbard one night and I’m like, ‘Dude! I am absolutely in love with this “Up Down” song. I mean, what’s the deal? Is that y’all’s guy?’ He’s like, ‘Well he’s sitting next to me in the truck right now. You can tell him how much you love his song.’”

Fast forward four or five months, and the four-time Entertainer of the Year asked Morgan to join his What Makes You Country Tour.

“Part of our deal was I offered him that I’d be a stagehand after I get done with my set every night,” Morgan joked, before going on to recount how he found out about his new gig.

“I was in Baltimore, and I had no clue that this was even on my radar. And my managers texted me and kinda acted like I was in trouble or something, which is, you know, not that uncommon. I called ’em kinda nervous or whatever, and they’re like, ‘Hey man, you wanna go on tour with Luke Bryan?’” he laughs. “’Yeah, man!’”

Morgan kicks off his own Up Down Tour Friday night in Indianapolis, before heading out with Luke on his stadium dates in May.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Country Music News

      

Nashville notes

No Comments

By Music News Group

Burke/Triolo Productions/Thinkstock Actor John Schneider has released a new country single, titled “Fish.” The former Dukes of Hazzard star took four songs to the top of the country chart in the mid-eighties.

Dancehall Dreamin’: A Tribute to Pat Green is set to be released on April 5, the Texas singer’s birthday. Jack Ingram covers his biggest hit, “Wave on Wave,” while Aaron Watson does “Crazy.”

Earlier this month, accomplished pilot Aaron Tippin got to rub elbows with Harrison Ford and John Travolta at the 15th Annual Living Legends of Aviation Awards in Los Angeles. Tippin also sang his hits “You’ve Got to Stand for Something” and “Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly.”

You can check out Chris Stapleton‘s performance of “Drunkard’s Prayer” from his From A Room: Volume 2 album on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on YouTube.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Country Music News

      

Kathy Griffin is plotting her comeback after being exiled from Hollywood

No Comments

By Stephen Iervolino

Photo by Greg Doherty/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — Ever since she was photographed last May holding a fake, bloody severed head of President Donald Trump, Kathy Griffin has been persona non grata in Hollywood.

In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the comedian is opening up about her life in exile.

“I didn’t commit a crime. I didn’t rape anybody. I didn’t assault anybody. I didn’t get a DUI. I mean, my God, there are celebrities that f****** kill people,” she said.

“When you’re a woman, you get one f*****, and it’s over,” she added. “When you’re a guy, you get chance after chance after chance.”

Griffin said that after she tweeted the controversial image, taken by celebrity photographer Tyler Shields, her lucrative comedy career fell apart overnight: The rest of her U.S. comedy tour was canceled and she was fired from her CNN New Year’s Eve hosting gig with Anderson Cooper.

The comedian told THR she received death threats and the FBI got involved. Meanwhile she was investigated by the Secret Service to see if she was a credible threat to the president. She told reporters in July she had been cleared.

Griffin sought advice from crisis experts.

“I was hearing, ‘Go away for five years. I was like, ‘I’ll tell you what: You go away for five years,'” she told THR.

Griffin did go overseas, where she mounted her successful Laugh Your Head Off Tour in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore and Europe. And now she’s plotting her comeback in the U.S.

“The minute I do something that makes money, they will all love me again,” she told THR. “When I’m dead, I’ll be a legend. But not now.”

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Entertainment News

      

Nashville mayor Megan Barry: I had an affair with my former head of security

No Comments

By Leighton Schneider

ABCNews.com(NASHVILLE, Tenn.) — Nashville mayor Megan Barry on Wednesday admitted to having an affair with the former head of her security detail.

The man in question, retired Sgt. Robert Forrest of the Metro Nashville Police Department, subsequently admitted to having the affair with Barry.

“Today, I have acknowledged publicly that I have engaged in an extramarital affair with the former head of my security detail,” Barry said in a prepared statement. “I accept full responsibility for the pain I have caused my family and his. I am so sorry to my husband Bruce, who has stood by me in my darkest moments and remains committed to our marriage, just as I am committed to repairing the damage I have done.”

Forrest, a 32-year veteran of the police force, retired on Wednesday just hours before Barry released the statement, according to ABC affiliate WKRN-TV.

“I have had an outstanding career and have enjoyed coming to work each day,” Forrest said in his resignation letter to Capt. Michael Alexander.

Forrest made no reference to the affair in his resignation letter but he later issued a statement through his lawyer, in which he confirmed the affair with Barry.

“I deeply regret that my professional relationship with Mayor Barry turned into a personal one,” Forrest said in the statement. “This has caused great pain for my wife, my family, friends and colleagues. At no time did I ever violate my oath as a police office or engage in actions that would abuse the public trust.”

Barry and her husband’s only child, 22-year-old Max Barry, died in July of an apparent drug overdose. Forrest was the one to inform Barry of her son’s death, according to ABC affiliate WKRN-TV

At a press conference Wednesday night, Barry revealed that the consensual relationship with Forrest began several months after she took office. Though she didn’t say exactly how and when things ended, Barry said the affair stopped after conversations between their spouses and the realization that their relationship would become public.

“It’s over,” Barry repeated to reporters. “It ended with saying, ‘It’s over.'”

“It was clear that our personal lives were going to become public and we had made a serious mistake and we needed to step up and we needed to own it, and that’s what I’m doing today,” she added. “I’m here today to admit I have personal failings. I am only human, and I didn’t stop being human when I became the mayor.”

According to documents released by the mayor’s office and obtained by WKRN-TV, over $30,000 have been spent on Barry and Forrest’s travel expenses since January 2017. The documents show Barry took a total of 30 trips during that time, nine of which were with Forrest alone.

Information from the Metro Nashville Police Department, also obtained by WKRN-TV, shows Forrest’s overtime pay has doubled since Barry took office.

During Wednesday night’s press conference, Barry said “every single” trip was business-related and that Forrest’s overtime pay matches her “aggressive schedule.”

“When I came into office I set a very aggressive schedule because I wanted to be out in the community, be with people and be at events,” the mayor told reporters. “I think you will see that lines right up with the overtime because we were out busy working.”

She added, “There were no policies that were violated, nothing illegal happened. The records will absolutely show that the expenses match with the overtime expected. But I welcome anybody to take a look at that.”

Barry, who was elected Nashville’s mayor in 2015 and is the first woman to hold that post, apologized to the people of Nashville for her actions and said she remains “firmly committed” to serving them as mayor.

“I knew my actions could cause damage to my office and the ones I loved, but I did it anyway. I must hold myself to the highest standard of which the voters deserve to expect. Please know that I’m disappointed in myself but also understand that I’m a human and that I made a mistake,” she said in her prepared statement. “While I regret any distractions that will be caused by my actions, I remain firmly committed to working hard to serve the people of Nashville now and into the future.”

Barry added, “In the weeks and months to come, I will work hard to earn your forgiveness and earn back your trust.”

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: National News

      

Tampa Bay Rays fire team doctor after YouTube video alleges sexual abuse

No Comments

By Leighton Schneider

iStock/Thinkstock(TAMPA BAY, Fla.) — The Tampa Bay Rays fired its team physician after a woman alleged in a YouTube video that he sexually harassed and abused her when she was a teenager, team officials said Wednesday.

Dr. Michael Reilly was dismissed by the team and reported to the police after the YouTube video was uploaded on Jan. 17 by a 26-year-old woman named Brianna Rah, who claimed the doctor sexually abused her and barraged her with unwanted sexual advances when she was 16 years old and worked in his office.

“We have very recently become aware of the video accusing Dr. Reilly of sexually abusing a former employee of his medical practice. We have ended our contractual relationship with him, and we have alerted the St. Petersburg Police Department and Major League Baseball of this situation,” John Higgins, general counsel and senior vice president of administration, said in a statement to ABC News.

The St. Petersburg Police Department said it is investigating the allegations made in the video.

“It’s our duty to review allegations like this,” Sandra Bentil, a spokeswoman for the police department, told ABC News. “We’re just in the fact-finding stages right now.”

Reilly, 67, did not return a request for comment from ABC News on Wednesday. A woman who answered the phone at his office in St. Petersburg said he was busy seeing patients.

In a statement to ABC station WFTS-TV in Tampa Bay, Reilly said, “I deny allegations of sexual abuse.”

“We did, however, have a consensual relationship when she was an adult, which I regret,” he said in the statement. “I’ve dedicated my life to medicine and making our community a better place to live, so having my reputation tarnished in this manner is disturbing.”

He added: “The video has already had serious repercussions for me and my family. As a result, I am consulting with legal counsel, and I am not in a position to say anything further at this time.”

In the video — titled “The Importance of Sharing My Story of Sexual Abuse” — the woman alleges that Reilly inappropriately touched her and tried to kiss her when she was working for him at his St. Petersburg practice as a teenager. According to the video, the woman’s name is Brianna Rah, but the Tampa Bay Times reported that that is not her real name.

“I’m not looking for anyone to feel bad [for me] because so many people go through this all the time. I’m doing this because this person is still active in the community…,” the woman says in the 10-minute video, which as of Wednesday evening had been viewed more than 12,500 times.

The woman says she originally met Reilly at church, and babysat his six children when she was a teenager. The alleged abuse — which she claims lasted three years — started when she later began working at his private practice, where he would touch her inappropriately.

“There were times in the office when he would ask for me during hours to come into his office. He would shut the door and try to kiss me,” she says in the video. “What do you say when you have four other people working there and you have to listen to the person that you work for, and on top of that at that age?”

She says she quit, but started working there again eight months later because she thought she might be overreacting.

“He would always counteract [the abuse] with ‘don’t forget to go to mass,’ or ‘practice, practice, practice tennis,’ ‘get good grades,’” says the woman.

She says she was conflicted about reporting the abuse because Reilly acted like a father figure to her while simultaneously mistreating her.

Reilly had been the Tampa Bay Rays team physician since the franchise was founded in 1998.

WFTS-TV reported that none of the players or Rays staff had complained about Reilly previously.

Reilly is also an independent member of the medical staff at St. Anthony Hospital in St. Petersburg.

“We are concerned about the nature of the allegations and are empathetic towards any victims of sexual abuse. We will determine next steps as more information becomes available,” St. Anthony’s Hospital said in a statement.

Beth Hardy, a spokeswoman for the hospital, told ABC News on Wednesday that Reilly’s status with the hospital “has not changed as of right now.”

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Sports News

      

%d bloggers like this: