Home

TTR News Center

Thumbnail for 465577

Aaron Hernandez's fiancée: 'I don't think this was a suicide'

No Comments

By Jeanette Torres

ABC News(NEW YORK) — Aaron Hernandez’s fiancée says she doesn’t think the former New England Patriots star committed suicide.

“I don’t think this was a suicide,” Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez said in an interview that aired Monday on the Dr. Phil show. “I don’t know what to believe.”

It was 5:27 a.m. on April 19 when a prison official called Jenkins-Hernandez to say the former NFL star had been found dead at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Massachusetts, she said.

Hernandez was discovered hanging naked from a bed sheet in his cell, the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office said. His death has been ruled a suicide.

“At first I thought it was a hoax. I thought that this was some cruel person … playing a trick on me,” Jenkins-Hernandez told the show’s host, Dr. Phil McGraw, crying. “He said that Aaron was found in his cell and he was deceased, he was being transferred to the hospital and that’s when I said immediately that I was coming; he told me to wait for the medical examiner and I wasn’t taking that for an answer.”

She said he never talked to her about suicide.

“I had no idea,” she said. “He definitely was emotional and we had talks about encouragement … [like], ‘Gonna keep fighting.’ But I never would have suspected something like this.”

Jenkins-Hernandez said their future was “looking so bright, we were going up a ladder in a sense to a positive direction. I haven’t been able to grasp any of it yet. He was very positive, so excited to come home … there was no indication at all of such events.”

Hernandez was in the process of appealing his conviction when he died.

Five days before his death, Hernandez was acquitted in a double murder that occurred in 2012 and last week a Massachusetts judge granted a request to erase Hernandez’s murder conviction through the law of abatement.

She said they spoke on the phone the night before he died and that Hernandez spoke to the couple’s 4-year-old daughter, telling her, “‘Daddy’s gonna be home.'”

“As far as I know I was the last person to speak with him,” she said, calling it a normal conversation. “[It] had nothing to do with any suicidal thoughts. But then again, I don’t know what that would be, but to me it was completely normal.”

Hernandez was in prison serving a life sentence after he was convicted in April 2015 of murder, unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition for the June 2013 killing of Lloyd in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. Lloyd was dating Jenkins-Hernandez’s sister.

Jenkins-Hernandez and the former NFL player, who were high school sweethearts and became engaged in 2012 before their daughter was born, never married, but Jenkins-Hernandez said, “I changed my name for the simple fact that we were a family.” She wore her engagement ring in the Dr. Phil interview.

Jenkins-Hernandez said she would take her 4-year-old daughter to visit him in prison.

“We would try to go once a week, sometimes twice,” she said. “She thought daddy was at work … she knows nothing about jail, prison.”

Although a state police investigation closed the matter, the late NFL player’s fiancée said, “I don’t think this was a suicide,” telling Dr. Phil the findings are not believable to her and that she is calling for an inquiry.

She said the Bible references found on Hernandez when he died don’t sound like him because he wasn’t religious.

“Aaron was spiritual but he wasn’t the kind of guy to get up every Sunday and go to church,” she told Dr. Phil.

She also said that while the note left behind by Hernandez for her was a “note of love,” it was not personal or intimate.

“It was addressed to Shay, instead of, you know, babe,” which she said he usually called her. “That was a little odd to me.”

She said he also didn’t sign the note “your soul mate,” which she said he usually did.

She said the handwriting was similar to her fiancé’s but added, “I feel like it’s easily duplicated or could be.”

“It screamed love, but it wasn’t, like I said, personal. It wasn’t intimate,” she said. “There were some odd parts where it just didn’t make sense.”

“It was very short … I wanted more. I wanted him to explain,” she said.

“I feel like he could have been saved,” she added. “I feel like someone was in the wrong somewhere and I want answers.”

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Sports News

      

Jerome M. Sassin, Sr.

No Comments

By Darrell Vyvjala

Funeral services for Mr. Jerome M. Sassin, Sr., age 81, of Schulenburg will be held Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 10 a.m. from the St. Rose Catholic Church in Schulenburg.

Visitation will begin to the public after 5 p.m. Tuesday with the American Legion and VFW memorial services at 6:30 p.m. followed by the Parish and Knights of Columbus Rosary at 7 p.m. from the Schwenke-Baumgarten Funeral Home.

Entombment will be held at the St. Rose Catholic Mausoleum in Schulenburg. Full military services will be conducted by the Schulenburg American Legion and VFW.

The family requests donations be made to:

St. Rose Catholic Church, Schulenburg;

Schulenburg Volunteer Fire Department;

or a charity of one’s choice.

…read more

Source:: Schulenburg Sticker

      

Thumbnail for 465574

Watch the new trailer for the "Will & Grace" revival

No Comments

By Stephen Iervolino

NBC – 2017(LOS ANGELES) — NBC is taking a big swing to try to restore its one-time Thursday night juggernaut “Must-See TV,” and the revival of Will & Grace is — execs hope — a big part of it.

Following a well-received viral video reunion last year, NBC decided to bring Will & Grace back for real, ordering all-new adventures for stars Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes, and Megan Mullally.

A new video shows McCormack and Messing not in character, leaving the NBC’s executive suites after reportedly agreeing to the show. Well, at least McCormack agreed. Messing admits she’s scared to commit…that is, until they visit the show’s old set.

That’s where a pulled-back sheet reveals Mullally, in character as Karen, apparently roused from a 10-year-old “disco nap.” Shortly thereafter, Sean Hayes’ Jack enters — also clueless that there’s a show called Will & Grace.

The cast soon breaks into song, with Messing eventually giving in to the 12-episode run, amidst much fanfare. “That was gay,” McCormack comments afterwards.

Last year, the four principals got together to make a Get Out the Vote video, in which Will and Grace try to convince Jack to vote for Hillary Clinton, while Karen tries to sway him towards her close, personal friend Donald Trump.

During its original run from 1998 to 2006, Will & Grace was nominated for 83 Emmys, and won 16.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Entertainment News

      

Thumbnail for 465572

"Game of Thrones" author says show "spinoffs" are actually prequels with no current characters

No Comments

By Stephen Iervolino

Getty Images/Jeff Kravitz(LOS ANGELES) — Game of Thrones author says show “spinoffs” are actually prequels with no current characters

Fans of HBO’s Game of Thrones were happy to hear that when the series ends, the cable channel plans to create a number of spinoffs. Now, Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin has clarified the nature of those shows — and first of all, he says, they’re not “spinoffs.”

Writing in his blog, Martin says that all the follow-up shows will be prequels, not new shows that feature the further adventures of any current character, like the shows Joey or AfterMASH. He also says that these shows, “may not even be set on Westeros.” Martin also revealed that there are plans for five, not four prequel shows.

As to what these shows will be about, Martin says they won’t come from any of the fan-favorite prequel novellas he’s written about the characters Dunk & Egg, nor will any of the prequels explore Robert’s Rebellion, an uprising that took place before the events of Game of Thrones and led to that led to Robert Baratheon taking the Iron Throne — all of which happened before the events depicted in Game of Thrones, the TV series. Why? “By the time I finish writing A Song of Ice & Fire, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert’s Rebellion,” says Martin.

And speaking of Martin finishing A Song of Ice & Fire — the series of books on which Game of Thrones is based — he says he’s still working on the sixth book, The Winds of Winter.

He writes, “I will confess, I do wish I could clone myself, or find a way to squeeze more hours into the day, or a way to go without sleep.”

Season seven of Game of Thrones premieres in July.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Entertainment News

      

%d bloggers like this: