Home

TTR News Center

Thumbnail for 462720

D.L. Hughley and George Lopez honor Charlie Murphy by getting "darkness" tattoos

No Comments

By Stephen Iervolino

(L-R) George Lopez, Charlie Murphy; Getty Images, BET/Dave Kotinsky(NEW YORK) — D.L. Hughley and George Lopez are paying their respects to the late great Charlie Murphy in a permanent way.

On Thursday the two comedians showed off their new “darkness” tattoos in an Instagram post as a tribute to the late comedian. In a skit on Chappelle’s Show, Murphy had joked that Rick James referred to him as “darkness” because of his dark complexion.

“Eternal #Darkness is spreading @funcitytattoo @bigstevenyc we honor @therealcharliemurphy @comedygetdown @comedygetdownbet @eddiegriffin @cedtheentertainer #thatswhatsup,” Lopez captioned the original post.

According to TMZ, the comedians were both in New York City attending Murphy’s funeral when they decided to get the matching tattoos.

As previously reported, Murphy died on April 12 from cancer at the age of 57.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Entertainment News

      

Thumbnail for 462718

San Francisco Giants' Madison Bumgarner placed on DL after dirt bike accident

No Comments

By Kelly Terez

Scott Clarke / ESPN Images(SAN FRANCISCO) — San Francisco Giants starting pitcher Madison Bumgarner has been placed on the disabled list after he was seriously hurt in a dirt bike accident in Denver.

The team announced the news Friday and said Bumgarner, 27, suffered bruised ribs and a Grade 1 or 2 sprain of the AC joint in his left shoulder.

There is no clear timetable Bumgarner’s return. The Giants said in a statement that Bumgarner was resting at the team hotel and would be re-evaluated next week.

Bumgarner is a four-time All-Star, three-time World Series Champion, and in 2014 was named the World Series MVP.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: Sports News

      

Thumbnail for 462716

Arizona police questioning person of interest in Phoenix serial shootings that killed 7

No Comments

By Kelly Terez

Phoenix Police Department(PHOENIX) — Police in Phoenix are investigating a person of interest in connection with a series of shootings that occurred in 2016 that claimed 7 lives, a law enforcement source told ABC News.

In July, the Phoenix Police Department announced that it was searching for a gunman believed to be responding for a string of shootings, all of which occurred in the same neighborhood.

The same gunman is believed to be responsible for at least nine shooting incidents that killed seven people between March 2016 and June 2016.

The man being questioned by police is already in jail and has not yet been named a suspect, according police.

The first attack occurred on March 17, 2016, when a 16-year-old was shot while walking around 11:30 p.m. The teen survived the shooting.

The majority of the shootings followed a similar pattern.

In July, detectives released a composite sketch of the suspect with the help of a witness. The suspect had been described as a white male in his early 20s with a skinny or lanky build.

It is unclear if the victims were targeted or selected at random.

Authorities are still looking for tips from the public as they continue the investigation. The Phoenix Police Department had offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to the suspect’s arrest.

“Someone out there knows who did this. We need our community to call us or Silent Witness and help us solve these cases, bring justice to these families and victims and prevent more violence from occurring,” said Phoenix Police Chief Joseph Yahner in July.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: National News

      

Thumbnail for 462714

Missing Tenn. student Elizabeth Thomas is 'resting' after reuniting with her family

No Comments

By Kelly Terez

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation(CULLEOKA, Tenn.) — The 15-year-old Tennessee girl who was allegedly kidnapped by her former teacher has been reunited with her family and friends, the family’s attorney said in a statement.

Elizabeth Thomas returned to Tennessee on Friday and is currently in a “safe location with family and friends where she is comfortable and resting,” said Jason Whatley, who is representing the Thomas family.

The teen was transported home on an aircraft owned by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. The agency sent the plane to northern California after Elizabeth was found on Thursday, along with her 50-year-old former teacher, in a remote cabin in Cecilville, a rural, isolated area near the California-Oregon border that has little to no cell service, authorities said.

Mental health experts specializing in trauma are evaluating and treating Elizabeth, Whatley said.

“There is no doubt that she has suffered severe emotional trauma and that her process of recovery is only just beginning,” Whatley said. “The family is extremely grateful for the thoughts and prayers of the nation and asks sincerely for those continued prayers as Elizabeth becomes able to process the last 39 days.”

Whatley said that after meeting the teen for the first time, he was “taken aback at who she is.”

“Elizabeth is a little child,” Whatley said. “She could easily pass for 12. The primary photo used and reprinted so many times by law enforcement, the media, and even our office, is inaccurate. She is a little girl in every sense of the word.”

Whatley continued, “This was the abduction of an impressionable, little child.”

Tad Cummins surrendered to police Thursday morning without incident as he exited the cabin, according to the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department. He faces charges of aggravated kidnapping and sexual contact with a minor, said Lawrence County Attorney General Brent Cooper.

The U.S. State Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee has also filed a federal charge of transportation of a minor across state lines with the intent of having criminal sexual intercourse against Cummins, according to U.S. attorney Jack Smith. The charge carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison.

Cummins also faces charges in Siskiyou County for kidnapping and possession of stolen property, according to the sheriff’s department. He was expected to be arraigned in California on Friday, but the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department said he was taken into FBI custody and will likely be brought back to Tennessee. The federal warrant provided by the FBI superseded any local charges filed in Tennessee and California.

Elizabeth had been missing since March 13 when she was allegedly kidnapped by Cummins, who had been added to Tennessee’s Top 10 Most Wanted list.

After Elizabeth was found, she was described by authorities to be “healthy and unharmed,” but they added that the main concern is the state of her emotional and mental well-being.

The family is asking for privacy at this time, Whatley said.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

…read more

Source:: National News

      

%d bloggers like this: